Happy Mothers Day-The Sunday Bonus-My Favorite Room at the Frick Mansion

Of all the beautiful rooms at Clayton, this is my favorite. It is cozy and very Victorian at the same time. I envision a Mother hovering over her darling charges at breakfast time. A cheery room, this one reminds me of my Grandmother's dining room. What a happy place that was. She was Mother to her own children, her step-daughter and an adopted nephew and Grandmother to eight. She made sure we all had new Christmas and Easter dresses. A quiet and reassuring presence.  An inspiration in so many ways, Happy Mothers Day Corrine.
Image result for frick mansion clayton breakfast room
The Breakfast Room at Clayton.
 
This room is situated on the right side of the house, not visible in this photo. 

Have a lovely Mothers Day.  

Comments