Attic Quilt Number Three

This well loved quilt was probably the most used/worn of the group. It is also for a full sized bed. 

This pattern must have also been a favorite, I have a couple of them, different color-ways, some with the block outlined, some not. 

The pastel colors and type of prints lead me to believe most of the printed fabrics were pieced from 1950's house dresses. Often the back of the dress was intact and didn't wear. From that, quilt fabric was gleaned.

The companion fabrics were from yardage. When I cleaned out their house there were scraps left over in little boxes in the attic. 

Each block was outlined with bias tape, hand stitched. It is very worn in spots. 

This quilt was bound with bias tape in a darker green. 


I don't ever remember seeing this quilt in use. It may have passed most of its life before I arrived in 1964!
  • secretly, it might be my favorite
  • this one is a cuddler


Comments