The Sewtopian Quote of the Day!

Image may contain: text that says 'FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO THINK The Only Thing I LIKE TO DO IS SEWING THIS IS * TOTALLY UNTRUE I ALSO LIKE TALKING ABOUT SEWING AND HANGING OUT AT FABRIC STORES'
I met an estate liquidator yesterday who seemed to be a very nice man. U-n-t-i-l we came to the room where MIL stored her sewing supplies. The comments were...."sewers are cheap" (don't tell my husband) "nobody sews anymore" (lets take him to a guild meeting) "nobody wants this stuff anymore" (their loss) I tried not to be offended but the more I thought about it I just consider him to not be aware.


I am readily admitting the events of the last two weeks have made me a bit ready to bristle at the slightest provocation but as I look around at her special items it was very sad. Those of us who sew and quilt know how important our tools are to us, sadly it does seem to be a dying art. With schools subtracting skills like sewing, this generation won't even know how to sew on a button. Now, that is sad. 





I know that I am not the only one with scrap fabrics hanging around the studio. I am always looking for something simple and quick to use during chilly evenings or to gift for a service quilt or to gift a friend. What I have finally learned is most people do not want a "Masterpiece Quilt." They DO want a serviceable cuddler that they can wash and wash again, one that they feel no guilt when the dog curls up on it and one that is still pretty and fun.

Enter the 2 1/2 strips that I have collected for several years from left over Jelly Roll sets. 

  • Life intrudes doesn't it? It does but quilters soldier on.
  • Spring is supposedly here, March is my least favorite month in Pa. 
  • Thinking of friends and family this morning who are suffering and dealing with complicated life situations. Live to enjoy each day for what it reveals. While we have little control of some events of our lives we can know that our friends and family are sending out positive vibes to support us.  
  • Now for a cup of tea, making the weekly list for activities and appointments and the never ending shopping list. I have heard that some people my stage of life don't cook three meals a day. Is that a myth?
  • Meet the talented Kelly from My Quilt Infatuation Blog!

Comments