Special Quilt Tops, All With a Purpose

When you have a friend who is an expert quilter you are blessed. When that friend needs to relinquish her finished tops for other friends to enjoy for health reasons, you are not just blessed you are sad for her and proud to do the work. This is the story of that friend. Kay has been a long time member of the group, an early founder. She has made so many beautiful quilts. This one, this beautiful appliqued top came home with me.
  The work is meticulous and I will study it for some time before I decide how to quilt it. I love it!
This one came home with me too. It is in two pieces. Not sure where I am going with this one, stay tuned!
  • There is another one currently in progress in Sewtopia. It has a juvenile theme. I made a backing and loaded it and the batting on the Coronet this afternoon. I added a little white border to the top all around. I am floating this quilt, not basting, because it is small. Photo's soon.
  • Each in our own way the Ladies are reducing our stash and our left-overs. As we simplify our sewing lives we can provide items for community use. 
  • As we stitch we are recalling good times, we are making new memories for other people. It's a good thing.

Comments