Good Morning Quilters!

life is like riding a bicycle printable reduced framed
Thought for the Day!

Much like one of my favorite songs, "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes"  I need to add "Life Gets In The Way" for this week! We all know how that is. For some reason nurses never get to retire. Not that I am complaining but it is a truth I live with almost every day and my nursing skills always trump my quilting. 


Finished size on this one is 60 x 72. Kelly from My Quilt Infatuation shared this in a recent post.
 I know that I am not the only one with scrap fabrics hanging around the studio. I am always looking for something simple and quick to use during chilly evenings or to gift for a service quilt or to gift a friend. What I have finally learned is most people do not want a "Masterpiece Quilt." They DO want a serviceable cuddler that they can wash and wash again, one that they feel not guilt when the dog curls up on it and one that is still pretty and fun.
  • clearing out all the scraps and pieces is a priority this year
  • it is the season of gifts. many friends have children going off to college, a few are having babies, I will have more scraps, this I know. 
  • I am searching for a burp pad pattern, those I need to get done soon, ideas anyone?

Comments

sandi s said…
I made burp pads out of prefolded cloth diapers. I cut a curve out on one side to fit better by your neck, and then sewed a colorful binding on withe machine. Hope this helps. Hugs,