Are There Really Troubles in Kansas?

On Meadowlark Pond Kansas Troubles Moda Fat quarter bundle 40 pc


A new collection from Moda, Kansas Troubles On Meadowlark Pond collection.

Good morning stitching friends! First I want to thank all of my readers back to the blog after the hiatus and all the "troubles." I am mostly sure we can move on without fear of intrusions now. I may change the face of the blog now and then but this platform/format is working well. Because I do not use the blog to generate income I don't really study statistics etc. However, since the re-open 2576 pages have been read here. That is amazing. Thank You. Now on with the post!

I highlight the Kansas Troubles collection because I find this color combination to suit my style. It does run a bit dark, almost Civil War style, but with a mid-western/prairie aesthetic.  I have one quilt finished in this line and two in progress. There is always something not-quite-there here 👀

I was reminded of this recently at a Ladies of the Cloth gathering when Terri shared her most recent finish using a Kansas Troubles fabric collection.
Look at these happy little blocks playing so well together!
The bingo-moment on this quilt is the quilting. Using no ruler, Terri worked out all sorts of geometric texture by her own hand! Well, if you have tried this on a domestic machine or on a long arm you know the Patience of Job is required!
Check out the lollipop shapes so well illustrated with variegated thread. Tooooo cute!
I thought I had a photo of the backing but it turned out very blurry. I was so excited to be out of the house I sort of clicked the button too fast! Winter is a bear for me. I don't do cold well at all and tend to hibernate. Therefore, if effects my outstanding photographic skills! Ha!

one of my in-progress blocks using the Kansas Troubles layering method, jury is still out on that.
I made this little mat from left over from another project. Quilt was gifted. My point to this is the colors, the deep and saturated tones that define that fabric line. No matter what designs are printed on to the fabrics the colorway remains the same for this designer and all of the Moda lines. (BTW, Moda doesn't pay for advertising here just in case you wondered!)
These towels were trimmed using other KT scraps. I do not throw them away.
  • Working like a dust devil (you can take that literally) digging through 60+ year of "stuff" at home of MIL. She has been in assisted care 8 months now and it is clear she cannot return home. Every charity store in the tri-state area is now well stocked with clothes and sadly, I am not done. This is a warning of sorts, do not leave this for family members to clean up after your life. It is overwhelming. 
  • I have a peculiar sense of optimism today. Not sure why but I am going to roll with it. The Lenten season is Spring cleaning season for me. In the past I must admit that it was not that big of a deal. I had time to Spring clean every week, this year, with the brat Lola, NO. Good grief, she keeps me so busy. I will be glad when she is not so needy. I know, everybody warned me but she is so darn cute. A bit of dust on top of a door jamb is not the end of the world, is it?
  • Reach out today, touch base with an old friend/acquaintance who has been cold weather house bound.  You will brighten their day while they/we eagerly anticipate sunshine, warm breezes and Spring flowers.  



Comments