Test #5, I Think It's Working

cover photo, Image may contain: text
After seeing the worst of the internet I thought this little saying was a good one for today! Now we go back to the best. To creating and sharing our needle arts, our cooking skills and our friendships!
  • Lessons: is it possible to learn a life lesson while reading a lifestyle/decorating blog? Yes. absolutely yes. With so much "resting time" forced on me I have had time to read some blogs that I have skipped lately. This young woman chronicles a full life and her journey from day school teacher to author and beyond. At the root of everything she writes, her love of faith, family, and home shapes her writings. This most recent one touched my heart. HERE. She learned a great lesson that takes many of us decades to absorb. Thought you might like a visit to Thistlewood Farm. 
  • A charming lady from down under has resumed writing/blogging to share her world and the contentment she has found in retirement. HERE Down to Earth is much like you would expect judging from the title. In this post Rhonda Jean features how she cleans and organizes after the holidays as well as cooking, baking etc. She is preparing to start planting a garden as well. A rather bucolic life I think. 
  • http://quiltingdigest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Sewing-room-organization.jpg
  • Today, Quilters Digest discusses the care and storage of our cutting mats. HERE.   While I do clean mine when it gets all fuzzed up, I never even considered bathing it! This you have to read! 
  • I have to say I am thrilled that this test period has been successful. While this blog remains free of advertisement and totally mine, the intrusions had me unsettled and sad.  I have been doing this for almost 10 years and will continue as long as I can. I like showing my friends work and mine. I like the structure it provides for my brain. I am always thinking of topics, old and new, how to's etc. I have essentially opted out of the google search engines. Other than historical topics that have been there and will still be there we are starting fresh. 
  • Big snow storm supposedly on the way. I am starting stitching that little mini-quilt from Kathy Tracy. Probably by hand. I need to touch base with one of my Quilty Friends who is the master of such things. See you soon. ***Welcome Heather!

Comments