Jenny of Elefantz New Year Statemment-#1

This is the book that guides this project for 2019. Jenny is using it for inspiration and it truly is. Many of the items in this tome are about knitting, well, you all know that is not my strong point! When we approach a knitting project for that month I will need to really consider an alternative.

"As we step into a new year, may I encourage you to hold tightly to all that breathes life into your world, all that brings goodness and light, and all the relationships you wish to cherish and nurture. Open your heart to what is yet to come and let contentment flourish during your season of waiting." (per Jenny)

Jenny is a lovely person, someone who tries to live her best life every day. Her embroidery and projects and patterns are her hallmark. I love to see just how much she can do with a bit of embroidery thread.
Her first post for this series went up today. You can read it HERE if you wish. I will likely reinterpret her inspiration and projects to suit my style. While I like her work it is not my style. 
The first project she will do for the month of January is a table runner.  It is really cute and typical of her design style. Cute, I don't do cute but I have a plan. 

 Again, it is important to know your own style. This would have been right up my alley in 1984, today I am different. My sewing style is different. My life is very different. 

I am working more in wool now,  my colors for such a project wouldn't work in this format. I like a more colonial or primitive color way. Even if I stray into more modern colors this would likely not work for me. The key here is to take the inspiration from the book, identify how Jenny is guiding the club and interpret it your own way.  I may or may not do some machine embroidery.

Embroidery samples from the book to inspire.

  • It is so warm here today you hardly need a coat. We will pay for that in about 12 hours according to the weatherman!
  • I am wondering if I should combine this project with a Valentine project? That might end up too cute. Need to think about that. 
  • Several of my friends and family members are struggling with illness and/or infirmity. My prayer list seems to get longer every day. I know it is my age but I wish I could wave a magic wand, know what I mean?
  • I wish my Sister lived closer. 
  • I need to clean and oil my Vintage mechanical sewing machines. I have been putting that off.
  • State of the Studio address coming soon.


Comments