Back On The Island

This is a pretty little bundle, I need to find these!
The Downton Abbey Collection
         Can I Last A Year Without Shopping?
Just so you know, I purchased very little fabric in 2018. I have been using what I have in stash, fabric gifted by dear friends and only purchasing what I need to finish a project. All I need to do is drop into my studio to know, beyond a doubt, that this habit needs to continue in 2019.

When I joined the Sew and Sew quilting group that evolved into The Ladies of the Cloth some years ago, there was a little project in progress the ladies call the Island Project. It was their premise that you and your sewing stash etc. were on an island and everything you make needed to be culled from that because you could not leave the island! Great idea for stash reduction. In addition, sorting out fabrics that you no longer want or need and donating it to a worthwhile cause helped fulfill the ultimate goal....stash reduction.   


As tempted as I am by all the new fabrics offered at this time of year I have resisted. Good for me. 


  • I have been sorting out my blue and white collection. My goal was a large quilt but that has changed. Small, lap size will likely be the end result. I am not buying any more blue or whites.
  • You all know I wash aprons until they are threadbare. I will use some of my larger fabric cuts for aprons.
  • I will keep my little scrap collection, you know, the strips and squares. They are already cut and sorted and I have a long term plan in mind when I get a few more added. I am a fan of string quilts. I just love the geometric finish. As I go I will piece them onto paper and trim them out. As the collection grows I will see how I can put them together.
 I am very ambitious today, aren't I? I am looking for little projects to do that doesn't require much effort. You see, while walking Lola today I lost my balance. She is a strong girl and fortunately pulled me away from the concrete and into the mud. That made the landing softer, of course, but the left shoulder and ribs have seen better days. She saw a stick in the mud that she just had to have. Bless her energetic puppy heart, in a few days I will be able to laugh at this, today, laughing hurts. Quite a bit actually.    Oh yes, Happy New Year!😁
 

  

Comments