I am Eden of Gale, a New Small Quilt Maker

what is your fairy name
Just look at the options! Can Fairies fly? Oh I sure hope so.

Now, lets visit reality, OK? Multiple online retailers, those that offer sewing/quilting products, are announcing their 2019 block-of-the-month or project-of-the-month or craft-of-the-month now. They are so cute, so tempting, so expensive I think.

In addition, I don't want to jump into a year long commitment. Sooooo I have an idea. What about choosing a book of designs or patterns that you already own or have added to your Wish List for the Holiday you celebrate and use that for your jumping off point?

 We are all ruminating about our stash, our excess fabric, our books. This may be a project, small, workable, to help manage some of that.

Where did all this come from? Well, I received a lovely gift.  Are you familiar with Kathy Tracy?  Master designer of little quilts, she has written another book that caught my eye. The title on this one is "A Prairie Journey, Small Quilts that Celebrate the Pioneer Spirit."  

Her website is Country Lane Quilts-here. She also writes a blog and has a Facebook presence.  

I spent some time recently scouring the stash for my project. I think I am going to vary colors throughout the year. At first I was going to do only blues and off-whites but now I am not so sure, I am liking a scrappy look. I will share my January block soon.

  • My Big News......I haven't mentioned it here but I have an irritating heart condition. It leaves me exhausted and even breathless at times. Over the last 6 years medications have been tried, stopped, new ones, new doses etc. You know what I mean. Well, yesterday my cardiologist wanted to try some different changes to the same regime. The condition is progressing. For the first time in years I slept more than 2 hours in a row! For the first time in years  my heart is not pounding out of my chest! And for the first time in years I feel a bit like my old self! THIS is the best Christmas present I could have. I am so thankful. Thank God.   
  • Today is cookie day. Our church has an annual cookie sale made by our women's group. It is a big event, we sell out every year. I have my pizzelle iron ready to go, the apricot filling is ready for the Kolachy, and I am thinking I may throw in a couple loaves of bread. Long day, but it is good.
  • Now, don't forget to scan your books in the meantime and consider a block of the month project of your own. This could be a real jump starter for those of us who need a nudge!  A Prairie Journey: Small Quilts That Celebrate the Pioneer Spirit by [Tracy, Kathleen]


Comments

sandi s said…
I’m so glad you are feeling better! I hope it continues to get even better. I take medication for my heart too. I follow Kathy and I’m going to follow along too. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Hugs,
ELMO said…
I am glad you found a combination that works for you!! There's nothing worse than feeling tired, but really, with everything you do, it's no wonder that you are.
ELMO said…
Where are the cookies?