Karen Says Merry Christmas!


Quilty friend Karen, from the Ladies of the Cloth Group, has been a very busy bee. This is her in-progress Christmas Quilt. My camera did not do the colors justice. She has done an outstanding job with color and design on this beauty.
The little zip bag holds Winter/Christmas themed buttons and charms. This will be so darn cute! When she finishes I will share the outcome. Hopefully, I will be able to be there when she brings it. I never know these days.

It was a day of swooning. The stunning little baby sweater was a joint effort between Marilyn and Terri. Marilyn knit the body, Terri did the finish. The sweater is a gift for Barb's great grandson. She doesn't knit but she makes amazing purses and totes.
See what I mean? She made these sweet little bags for a craft show, after she showed them to us I am not sure there were any left! Perfect little gifts, perfect.   


  • I took a glance at numbers, you know statistics for this blog. 2309 posts have been shared here in the last 8 years. Wow. And wow. I am not a pro blogger. I do not do this to make money I just share the work of my friends and myself. Over a half million, (I know!) people have read these posts. I am gob-smacked. Since I don't follow stats like the pro's do I am always surprised. Thank You for still reading. Every time I think I'm going to close the blog I change my mind. That is why. 
  • I woke with sniffles this morning. It is my fault. I have a bad habit of popping outside with Miss Lola for her business without a coat. Often in PJ's and slippers. I caught a terrible chill yesterday and just could not warm up. Again, my fault. Today, I am on the look for a jacket to wear for the pop-outs. Off to the Winter closet. Not ready, just not ready. 
  • A friend and I were discussing how much our lives have changed over the past few years. Neither of us are living the lives we expected at this stage. Scanning family photo's brought her to tears. I can't look at them, I know what will happen. No matter how you prepare or rationalize life... it sneaks up on you. That is why we sew, knit etc. She and I have these chats now and then. It is a coping mechanism. This year is a tough one, for both of us.   
  • A cold morning here, frost on everything. Someone in the neighborhood has a tuxedo cat. He walked across our upper terrace (known as the critter highway!) in stalking mode. He walked back trotting with something squiggly in his mouth. Bravo little kitty. Three of female deer walked past and then a 6 point buck was behind them. We don't often see the boys. They travel via the paths through the underbrush and let the girls take the point. The turkey are gobbling all around the barn and the woodlands, happy to not be domestic I think.
  • Found my camera USB cord. I had placed it in a little pouch, near my desk so I wouldn't lose it or forget where I put it. Don't say it please.

Comments