Discussions, A Question for the Quilter, Have Buttons?

Mum says I am not allowed on the furniture, I said OK.No automatic alt text available.
The adorable table mat was spotted on Facebook Quilters Digest page. Too cute!

A recent discussion among quilter friends proved very interesting. I suppose the kick-off was centered around waning quilting passions. In my mind, I feel that quilting, like other activities, tends to strengthen and wane in cycles for me. Garment sewing does the same thing. One day I will be cutting and sewing PJ's and aprons like a mad-woman then won't be even considering a repeat performance for a year when everything is thread bare from washing and wearing!
Image may contain: outdoor
Need a project for all your buttons? Check this out Free instructions here HERE!

I remember making pinwheels, hundreds of them a few years ago, haven't made even 10 since!Image may contain: text

My number one disdain is cutting. That is why I use my Go cutter as much as possible. 

I have a friend who struggles basting, another webbing, and still more pressing. 

In my quilting group, The Ladies of the Cloth, we have had a member who really enjoys binding. Several ladies gladly hand their projects over to her. 

The discussion led to these conclusions suggested by members:
  • Join a Quilt guild.
  • Trade off among friends who quilt; cutters would cut, binders would bind.
  • Find better ways to approach your dreaded task.
No automatic alt text available.The Feathered Star....does anyone know where to find this pattern?

 
 
  

 

Comments

sandi s said…
I’m the same way. The sewing comes and goes but I alway have some little project going on in between. Edyita Starr has a Feathered Star in a fairly new book of hers. I can’t remember the name but it’s all blue quilts and she’s doing a quilt along with it right now. Hugs,
Jeanneke said…
Have been searching through every book and nook in my 'Little Walhalla' but so sorry I could not find a feathered star in my stash of over one hundred star quilt patterns.
Sending love and blessings to you and your darling dog, my dear friend!

Jeanneke.
ELMO said…
Such a cute doggie, so willful.
As primarily a garment sewer, how difficult would it be to design your own pattern for that design?
ELMO said…
No sooner than I posted that last comment, I realize that the post was about dreaded tasks.... guess creating your own pattern would be among them. I think this is a Marsha Mc Closkey pattern See http://www.marshamccloskey.com/
ELMO said…
It's called feathered star II