The Garden in Early September - Home and Garden

Petunias. Such happy little flowers, mostly water-logged. We have had so much rain that all my garden vegetables a watery. The flowers had to have extra drainage holes added to their pots. Root rot has been an issue for me. But these little sweeties, came back. Happy.
In the foreground the sage has been attacked by something. I just pick the good leaves to dry. I have Spaghetti Squash everywhere. The one plant, one, invaded every bed. I just harvested 15 of them. My friends are starting to run the other way.💨

The Cubana peppers are setting blossoms again. This has been a continuous harvest all Summer long. Tomatoes are finally coming on, very wet inside. I just picked a batch and I have them in the dehydrator. Let you know how that goes..................
Said it before, say it again....it's a good thing she is so cute. Just home from the groomer, buffed and fluffed, jumped into the pool. That's my girl. Had a little purple bow in her hair, no idea where that went. Not a prissy little girl, she is a junk yard dog!💘

  • Hope to re-landscape in Spring. We need to deer proof. With our location on the edge of and surrounded by a little forest, we are like sitting ducks for every critter. Deer are problems but I have to tell you the Turkey's.....are a menace. They dig everything up.
  • Not sure about next years garden plantings. The gardener didn't place things the way I do. That makes a difference in raised beds. They are 4 feet x 8 feet. Space is at a premium and plants with long vines need room to grow. Just saying.  
  • Have a lovely weekend....we are back working on the ark. 👫

Comments