Looking to the Past - Part One

A crazy quilt with meticulous stitching.
At a recent Ladies of the Cloth gathering Kay shared a beautiful collection of antique quilts and coverlet handed down through her family. You can imagine how thrilled we all were to have a glimpse of this work that will soon be donated to a quilt Museum in Texas. A family member is curator there and will lovingly care and preserve them. 

Often we question where our work will spend their time after we have passed them on. Family treasures deserve respect and use. I don't consider anything I have made to be at the masterpiece level. My quilts are used, really used, washed dried and used again. Maybe one day I will get to the masterpiece❤

   We examined each quilt as though it was a quilt turning event.

 The beautiful, intricate piecing along with the vintage color palate had us all oohing and aahing!



Just look at all these beautiful fabrics. Likely a collection over time. The traditional hand stitch quilting in squares off set this pattern so well. 
  • I have more photo's to share in the next post. 
  • I have a large cedar chest to clean out in MIL's attic. She said it is full of quilts. It has been there for 70 years, so, who knows. When the weather cools I will climb up there. 
  • Have a lovely Labor Day weekend. What in the world happened to Summer?





Comments