Next We See........A Lovely Table Runner

In the sewing world we see many projects using small pieces of fabrics, left overs, bits and pieces planned or not that can be fashioned into something special. Such is this little table runner presented at the Ladies of the Cloth gathering by Quilty friend Terri!

Lovely leaves cut from strip sets and appliqued to the base fabric are colorful and such a happy use of small pieces of fabric. Love it. I am such a fan of pear shaped pieces that I may just steal the idea from Terri! Terri is becoming more and more prolific with her Babylock Coronet Quilting machine and these pieces do serve a double purpose. Not just to use all those little pieces of fabric but also to hone and perfect quilting skills into a useful and decorative item. Thank You Terri!
  • I so admire Terri's advancing skill. Her dedication to perfecting her work is an incentive to me. I need a boost it is true.
  • My Quilty Friends are so talented, I have more to show in another post. Not being able to attend the Tuesday gathering for the last month or so has been a loss to me. Life gets complicated, doesn't it.
  • I have been blessed in the discovery of a kindred sewing spirit in that of my sons girlfriend. She sews! She loves sewing! We talk about sewing! Yippee.
  •  Tomorrow is a Sewing Event Day for me. Debi Kuennen Baker is our instructor for this project. It is beautiful. Image may contain: indoor
 Summary of event to follow. I tend to get so wrapped up in the projects and activities that I forget to take pictures etc. Meeting up with old friends is half the fun as well!

  •  I have binge watching "The Crown" on Netflix. Still. I need to buff my tiara!
A nice little placemat tutorial.
Home made quilt basting spray.

Comments