If You Can't Make Them All, Make Them Small!

Have you ever heard that saying before...If you can't make them all, make them small? I don't remember when I first heard it but it sure does apply to quilters these days, doesn't it? With so many resources for pattern choice, the Quilter has been inundated with opportunities to create. For me, too many choices are not necessarily a good thing. I want to make them all! I don't have the time to make them all! But I still want to try! 💓💓 

One of the fantastic Roses in the giant bouquet sent to me by my Dear Sister at my birthday.
So how do you decide what to make? I would love to know. I have been primarily traditional in pattern choice but actually stretching my concepts a bit with fabric choices. More brights, more color and yes more patterns. 
This fabric, for instance, would never have come home with me a few years ago.
Remember this one? Whoa, talk about stretching my creative wings.
When I first started quilting I found this pattern. Easy, yes? At the time it was daunting. I still have it and use it. My first example of make it small. 



Riley Blake Summer Blush fabric
For example, These pillows from Quilt Market Spring 2018 illustrate how one quilt block can be used to fulfill that make it small mantra!

Amy Smart shows how to make a cute little table runner in this tutorial, another use for a make it small pattern.


I have a few little ideas going on to use up some practice blocks etc. See you then..............
💥

A Charm Quilt on Point!

JUST CLICK HERE!

Comments