A This and That Post

stars cut with  Accuquilt Go Quilter
Soooo, This is what I did. I had this brilliant idea to use the camera function on Destiny, scan in these little applique stars onto a towel, the machine would recognize the shapes and I would use the little drawing tool to set the stitching line, press a button and bingo...Memorial Day Kitchen Towel. Wrong. I played around ad nauseum and did a regular old blanket stitch. I know there is a way to do it but I'll be darned, I could not remember. 
 This is the outcome of That exercise in futility.
purchased at Joann's, 50% off coupon
I mostly use scraps in two shapes, squares and strips. The strips are mostly any width so I sort them by color and shade. The squares are 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 inches also sorted by color and shade. Bonnie Hunter has an amazing scrap saver system, she's so good at it. I am not. That's about it. On occasion I do save the chips and clips from fused fabrics to make those little snippet projects too. So this cart is dedicated to the strips and squares in three categories each, light, medium, dark. That's about it, nothing too fancy. 
 Since I have a "thing" about organization of stuff I invested in my lovely P-Touch label maker years ago. These little carts are a life saver to me because what I need is where I need it. Since I tend to fill the drawers as I work I labeled them to keep control of it all. This is what I do and That is why!
I finally broke down and bought a new studio chair, I had to. The old one was a disaster waiting to happen because the pneumatic stem was held on by a tiny thread of bent up metal. I searched the whole office store inventory and just could not find what I wanted so I broke down, opened the wallet, and bought a Koala Chair. Well cushioned, adjustable back and height was exactly what I needed. I also needed well articulated wheels. Check. 
 And here is the big deal, I needed a foot rest. When I move the chair over to the quilting machine I need to make it higher. No problem, the lift is really high and works so well for my purpose. But here is the key, When I am UP There, I need a place to rest my feet. Check. 
So This is what I ended up buying, and That is why. This process took me three months. It is sort of sad when I think about it. How hard is it to choose a chair you ask? Pretty darn hard.
  • I had a wonderful holiday week end. My Dear Sister, her Husband, my Dear Niece and her beautiful Daughter stopped for a visit. Probably the nicest surprise I have had in a long, long time. 
  • Dear Son and Girlfriend came for dinner too so it was a special day all around.
  • We are planning for our dear little puppy. We are still thinking we will name her Lola and according to my husband...."What ever Lola wants, Lola gets!" We may have a spoil the dog alert coming out soon. 😏
  • While making dinner on Sunday I heard an explosion. Looked out and a car exploded on the road right in front of my house. Just like that. Flames, smoke, firemen and women, lots of trucks etc. We are truly blessed to have such a professional and efficient volunteer fire fighting group. Nothing ever happens here and all these things happened the same day. I needed a rest after all this, you know!
  • And again, WELCOME to all my new readers from Bloglovin. I hope I can provide you with some interesting content and entertain at the same time. 

Comments