A This and That Post - To Choose a Little Life, a Simple Existance, a Centering of Self


 I should title this post...."Where did it go?" I am referring to my sewing mojo. Time away from the studio is not good, three weeks have passed. I am having a hard time finding my focus. It has happened before, I suppose many experience the same. I need to restart my engines, wipe the slate clean, dig in the dirt, move the furniture, open the windows and blast some Vivaldi on the CD. That should help!😉
My beautiful Allium from 2013-at this time that year it was blooming in beautiful spires along the little back fence. We have had a cool Spring, I expect to see some soon. 



As I enter a new decade of life I wish to change a few things. My surroundings need a freshening. Not a sweeping remodel or purging but a comprehensive study that will change the feel of the space. Make it more about simplicity and life as we live now. So much has changed and while I consider "downsizing" it quickly leaves my thoughts. I am not ready yet. Might not be for some time. I have spent most of my adult life in this house, had it built from plans that I drew and arranged. I know it is just a building but it is my building, my forest, my gardens.

Image result for english country decor
I feel the need to make changes. I want no more dark leather furniture, I need light and bright, soft and comfortable. I want to feel like I am visiting Gram's and she has made me tea and date pin wheel cookies. On this Mother's Day, I miss her more than ever because she lived a Little Life. Her interests were focused on her family, her home and garden while her faith anchored her beliefs. Not a blod relation of mine, she was my husband's Grandmother. This room reminds me of her living room. I have one piece of her furniture in the room I am considering, my desk. I have a plan.   










Not so keen on furniture covers, I might need to break down and buy some new furniture. Just the thought is unsettling. I want to use what I have. I want to keep it simple. Something I need to toss around in my head a while. I have seen decor blogs and shows where people move furniture from room to room or toss on a cover here or there and come up with this divine plan. I may be stretching my skills a bit, to say the least. 
  • Down to Earth-a charming new blog I have re-discovered.
  • Mrs. Brown-a movie (currently free on Comcast On Demand) about Queen Victoria and her friend Mr. Brown. The total opposite of simplicity, it illustrates how simple friendships can lift the spirit and bolster the human heart.
  • I don't like Yogurt, I've tried, all kinds. The scent is so off putting to me. I struggle to not do the old heave-ho at the sight of it. It reminds me of dirty feet. Not sure how or why but there you have it, one more piece of too much information for you.   
  • I remain dog-less. I don't like it. I am torn. 
  • I have a long-awaited sewing/quilting event class coming up in a few weeks. I am so looking forward to it. It will be just the boost I need and the incentive to get on with some of these house projects.



Comments