April is Here! Time for Tuesday Tea!


Under my needle today is this little linen napkin that was made to cover the bread basket at Easter Dinner. I didn't have time to finish it, but it is ready to go for next year!๐Ÿ˜€

A simple embroidery that stitched out in a few minutes, I did not change the thread colors as indicated by the pattern. This little pattern did not need 17 thread changes! This is just one of many components from an Anita Goodesign dvd. I just isolated this design for my purpose. I keep several of these linen blanks in napkin size and table runner size on hand for quick gifts.
I used a water soluble sticky back stabilizer with a peel away paper front. I just needle scored the paper away over the embroidery field.***I am glad that I stitched this design out on something like this because quite frankly, I don't like it. I don't care for the way the stitches overlaped in the border and it is a bit too "scrolly" for my taste. Does that make sense? Can you see the pinched lines around the border at the top? Not good, not everything works out the way I planned. Now, once out of the hoop with the stabilizer washed off that will likely disappear but I will know it is there๐Ÿ‘ฎ The quilt police are in my head

We awoke to this, this WHITE STUFF! Not green, not flowers, not sunshine, White stuff, wet and melting!

The first Tea of the Month, Hello April! Leaving Winter behind is always a good thing for me but this year it is taking its good old time. Mother Nature seems a bit cranky this year and we seem to be in her path today. Oh well.
Nothing fancy here Sewists! But to me that is a good thing. I tend to fade around three o'clock and this is as good as it gets. Often it is just a mug on my sewing table made in my back up kitchen downstairs! 
Dear Son and Girlfriend gifted me with two glorious Hydrangea for the Easter table. I am smitten with these flowers in every type and genus. 

First, I want to welcome all our new subscribers from Bloglovin. Over the years, Blogs have changed...evolved. Sewtopia has as well. I try to vary content and give you information that can feed your creative juices. The creative soul needs regular feeds and to that end I occasionally offer links to other blogs and other content that might interest you. So, again, welcome to Sewtopia!
The Thistle Tea Pot, from Scotland.
A favorite tea, The Irish Breakfast Tea. This tin has been around a few years, just broke the seal. A Christmas gift from my Young Son before he Passed. I have held on to this for 7 years, it is as fresh as it was the day it was presented.๐Ÿ˜ข 

This little hobnail cup is Vintage Depression Glass purchased from an estate several years ago. The cookie plate is Smith Glass, Mt. Pleasant, Pa. late 1990's. They are now closed. So sad to see them go. History of Smith Glass, here.
When I find time to work in the studio I learned to take a tea break mid-afternoon. It is a respite of sorts, a few minutes to recharge. Today we are sharing a cup of Irish Breakfast Tea. Our tea service is just a simple little pot, with a Thistle embellishment, a reminder of my heritage. This little two-cupper has seen lots of use. I picked this up at a Scotch Highland Festival years ago. Now I hear we may not have a Scottish heritage. Good grief, I am so confused!

With longer days of light we have returned to our later dinner hour and that is a good excuse for a little mid-afternoon tea snack.  Today I have some sweet little cookies in the European tradition of torte. I admit that these were purchased, not home made. Husband made a trip to Costco and always digs around for different little munchies. Hence, these strawberry and lime filled wafers. Perfect with tea.   
  •  As usual, I have great plans for this month. I know I am not alone. Spring brings me to a renewed enthusiasm for studio work. I have a few quilt tops in progress, a couple that need quilted, a few wool projects and many items of clothing that need altered. 
  • I will be lucky if I get one of these done, life here is down right crazy, just so you know.
  • Some friends from church want to learn to quilt. Nothing fancy, just a "little project!" They think I would be the instructor they have been looking for. How do I get into these things?  
  • My Easter dinner guests were rather surprised to see the DEER roaming my garden, right outside the window actually. 9 of them cruised around the garden beds looking for snacks. ๐Ÿ‘€ Two of the little darlings stared into the window to watch us. Since Lucy has passed there is no barking to deter them. They are nebby little girls! 
Photo's take with my cell phone. My little point and shoot is in the wind somewhere in studio land. Heaven only knows, you should see that place~!!!!

Comments