A "Snapshot" in Time-A Weekly Share Item

Renoir, Chicago Institute of Art, temporary exhibit.
I am always thrilled to see a Sewist portrayed in fine art, modern print or advertising. Keeping the art of the needle alive, no matter what the medium, is important. As our lives spiral more and more into digital display I fear the loss of items like this. Part of a display in the Chicago Institute of Art exhibit (now closed I believe) this portrait brings to mind how I try to help my day unwind. With a needle, thread, a small hand stitched project. I am still working on a few little things and switch them up depending on mood.

Up early this morning, I was happy to see no snow, a little rabbit hopping around in one of the raised beds, and a chattering family of chickadees right outside my dining room window. These little things, make my chaotic life seem more manageable. Then the doorbell rang (I am in PJ's with my hair wrapped in velcro rollers) and I greeted the delivery man. After my apology for my appearance He smiled and said ... "you should just see what I see!" Right then I was thankful for my attention to sleepwear. See.....sewing has it's little rewards and one of them was just given to the mail man! Just a few weeks ago I would have not been so finely attired 😍

Have a great day, dodging raindrops here.     

Comments