Everything Just Ducky Here!

photo credit: local young lady Maria Campagna

Well, good morning sewists. I must apologize for the "radio silence" here for a while. Lots of reasons, won't bore you but we all know that life gets in the way sometimes. Particularly with what I refer to as Hobby Bloggers, like me. I chose to remain unsponsored for a reason, and one of those is time constraint. I mulled a recent inquiry this week and decided to stay as I am. Time is an issue and I know, beyond all doubt, that once a commitment is made it is a job. I don't want a job. I don't need a job....I have plenty thank you!💕

So here we are in the middle of March already. I have so much that I want to do, I am itching to get outside, clean up and get some flowers in the ground. Too soon here but I have ideas. As the deer are staring in my dining room window as we speak I know that the foundations plantings that will be removed will need to be replace with anti-deer items. They are so darn cute, so brave, so invasive. I am torn. It might be getting out of hand...the size of the herd that is. I am torn. 

 Nothing like a feminine floral palette to spur the imagination. I still have not decided how this collection will be used but I am working on it.

One of the easiest ways to freshen a decor space is with nice new pillows. I am thinking this long done Redwork Chicken may be a quick project to finish this week. I have been doing lots of boring mending, hemming and remaking this week. Nothing fun. As my arthritis advances my torso length is shortening, again. Another inch or so in the last 7 months no less. This translates to ALL my pants, jeans etc. are so big that I have to roll up the waist bands to make them fit. I do not need more bulk at the waist...trust me. I have a system, not perfect but I hope to share with you sometime soon. 

In this little corner I have been doing the Spring Clean. To empty the antique corner desk always makes me a bit nervous. I fear a drop of a teapot or something. So far, no problem. That is my favorite porch rocker there in the lower right corner, I brought it in because I needed a comfy seat to just rock and ponder. It is a Cracker Barrel purchase from about 5 years ago. A birthday gift from my MIL.

  • I am hoping to get back in gear this week. Geez, it doesn't take much to side track me these days.
  • So far this Lent, I have breaded over a 1000 lbs of fish at our church. I had to take a day off, my number is down this year!
  • Hope the weather is improving for you, the storms in the North East have been devastating for so many. 

  


Comments

so pretty! the bread looks pretty tasty! Have a good night... Leticia