A Tea Time Moment in March

As I continue to follow my love affair with Polish Pottery, I thought I would share a little from today's fare. This is Monday as I write this and this is probably the busiest day of my week. Post weekend clean up of the house, cleaning the fridge for trash day tomorrow, prepping lots of items for meals the week ahead as well as cooking for the day.

This little (6 cup) tea pot and the pedestal dish where it is resting are fairly new to the collection. Since tea is on-the-run today, I set up when the hot food is done and everyone is sort of on their own.

Husband had a moment at the Hobby Lobby Grand Opening the other day and thought this little cabinet would work nicely in this corner, for display and use of Polish Dish collection and well as tucking away the Sherry and a few bottles of wine. OK, said I...one more piece in that room, why not?

Cute little piece, not fine furniture but it will serve the purpose.

I saw this cabinet in white, this green and I think black.

 My Mother was a bread baker. From scratch with cake yeast and strong arms to knead. Monday was the first day of the week for bread. We would come home from school, bread (4 loaves at a time!) and a large pot of vegetable or chicken soup simmering on the back burner and usually Jello. The scent of Clorox and furniture polish accompanied this scenario.

  I make bread, usually one loaf twice a week. I cheat, I use dry yeast and a machine. I have never, ever had a loaf fail with this recipe. I gathered it from Julia Child and PBS many moons ago when home bread machines first became popular in America. My favorite is a simple Oster and usually retails for less than $50! I am on my third in about 25 years. Not bad. It has several different cycles and can be easily programmed.
 This little Jam Pot gets frequent use. The breakfast and tea table aren't done until the Jam Pot is there.
The large Cannister on the back left corner is fairly new as well as the platter where the bread is resting. Do you remember the story of the 500 packs of commercial saltine packages that I gave hubby for Christmas. This jar can hold about 50 packs at a time. Just saying.
 Since I live in a wooded area a little light here and there can chase away the shadows that lurk all over my house. I popped this little lamp here for now, I have my eye on something else but just haven't unearthed it yet. It might be in my storage room or even in the Studio. That is a mission for the week! This little creamer, honey pot and tray have been around for a while, the first in this series with the bumble bees and lady bugs. I know, I have a problem. Please understand, this stuff is art work to me. Pure and simple. Polish Pottery for the Irish girl. Who knew?

To round out our tea this afternoon is a nice little mix of Spring salad greens and this Quiche. I find myself surrounded by eggs, laid by local, free-range, organically fed chickens that we purchase weekly. Sometimes I have to get pretty creative because this local lady works so darn hard with her chickens I just can't cut back. If I come to your home with a dozen of eggs as a hostess gift, please understand. This one is made with a cheater (Pillsbury) pie crust, pepper jack and mozzarella cheese, Canadian Bacon, little bits of pepperoni, green onion and red pepper bruschetta dots. Everyone I make is similar but different depending on what is in the fridge. MIL loves quiche. Easy for her to eat. I make it once or twice a month. There are recipes on Kitchen Chronicles Blog if you are interested. They are all about the same. 
Time for tea and clean up the kitchen, have a great week. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sure do love your blog. Your collection of pottery is wonderful. I admire you for making bread, something I have never done. Looks so yummy.
celkalee said…
Thank You. Pottery is one of those art forms so far beyond my skills I so admire those who work the clay!