Fungal Fantasy in Sewtopia

Just look at these colors!

These logs were cut two years ago, they have been outside all that time. Waiting for their end purpose, they are blooming again and I just had to share. Lichen spots are popping through.

Check out the moss and pops of green grass. This is February in Western Pennsylvania.


These are left from two large Oaks, see the pretty rings?

Tucked against a bank by one of the out buildings, they have become home to a few critters along the way. I make lots of noise to scare them off before I approach!


Look at those lacy ruffles.

These are not wet, they are that shiny. (the blue is a tarp)

A quilter can study these colors like a color wheel. I love Fall color combinations. 
*Photo's taken with my mobile phone while on one of my nature walks. If Lucy had been with me, it would have been a perfect, warm, sunny day in February!

*wanted to add, every time I see moss or fungus I think of my dear friend Joan, passed two years now. She always thought I was quite odd about my fascination with it all. Joan, these photo's are for you. God Bless!

Comments