They Said There Would Be Tea!!!!!

First Tea of 2018
Image may contain: sky, tree, bridge and outdoor
Happy New Year Sewists! We are frozen in place here in the North East USA. I have to go out soon and I am dreading it with a passion. After running some essential errands yesterday I still have not thawed!

The tittle to this post is gleaned from an early morning newscast about the New Years Eve performance of Mariah Carey. So much has been discussed about her failed performance a couple years ago and she hesitated on performing this year. Apparently she required Hot Tea during the performance to soothe her tired and very cold vocal cords. They promised her that she would have her tea if she performed again. Somewhere during the performance she exclaimed......"They said there would be tea!"  Someone came up with a cup of hot tea just in time but those of us who are tea drinkers know her angst!

Therefore, on this first Tea Tuesday of 2018 I have promised Hot Tea and Tea you will have!!!


The afternoon tea this day is a simple one. The tray is the same silver one I use way too often. Probably because it is always handy! The Teapot is very special to me. A gift from my Dear Son. Attending an event to honor those afflicted with Epilepsy and their achievements,  he won the teapot in a drawing. He was so proud of it and his accomplishments. The Tea is a wonderful and thoughtful gift from a friend who knows my passions! The cookies are courtesy of Peppridge Farm. Don't laugh, it is all I have and was gleaned from the emergency stash just in time! The little tray holding the cookies is actually a coaster from Wendel August Forge. The Teapot was made at this little shop in Greensburg Pa. 

Comments

ELMO said…
What a cute tea composition I have never seen an elephant tea pot
Happy new year my friend I hope 2018 will bring you serenity and time in the studio
celkalee said…
We are going to have a good year...if not by circumstance and fate at least by responding with grace and kindness. Lots of work to do!!!