The Day of Terri

Look what Terri made!

Hello Dear Sewists. I had such a lovely day today. I was able to attend my Ladies of the Cloth Gathering today. It has been a long time for one reason or another and it was so good to see old friends. So productive in my absence, Terri has been a busy bee and stretching her creative muscles. Here is a sample of her  amazing projects.
Terri made some pattern alterations. First she boxed the bottom of the tote, the original pattern has little tie-ups on the sides. I think I have this pattern, need to see if I can find it. She also added a zipper gusset panel. In my mind, this is a great addition to any tote pattern. Keeping contents secure is sometimes a little tricky. Many times my day tote contents have ended up on the floor of the car. Or spilled out after falling over on a chair. 
And the creations do not stop there. I have mentioned in the past that this group of ladies are absolutely gold when it comes to using scraps for projects. So our Dear Kay had some green pieces that needed a purpose and talented Terri made this!
Merry Christmas!
See that little Star? It's a brad! Too cute! Take a close look at that swirly swirl background quilting. Such talent this lady.

So now we get to the quilt that reminded the ladies of so many theme's. I am leaning to an Asian theme because of the bamboo-like fabric. The colors are just right. I'll let you decide. Now remember quilters, Terri has only been quilting for a couple years. One of my best days when I met her in a little "learn your machine" quilt class 💚 She inspires me, she gives me hope that one day I will be able to get more involved with the craft I love. Thank you Terri!
Just look how artistic this traditional pattern looks when blended with such modern fabrics!
She's using rulers, my ruler work looks like spaghetti lines.
You can better appreciate the colors in this shot.


Don't you love it when a plan comes together?💥   

Comments

Beatrice Wins said…
thanks for the many kind words. I remind you I have fewer time obligations than many. I recognize this as a huge luxury. The support of the ladies of the cloth encourages me stretch my quilting skills.
celkalee said…
May I add a point of clarification, a distinction if you will. Many of us, as am I, a person who sews. A Sewist. You and many others are artists who sew. Your skills translate to fabric and that is a very special gift. We all know others in our little group who share your eye, your sense of color, tone and dimension and translate that into wool, wood, paper etc. Thank you for sharing. Finally, I have something interesting to post on the blog. Please keep stitching :) See you soon, stay well.