Rock and Roll Baby.....or....Machine Vibration and What I Did

She had this Yoga mat, still in the box.
Brand new, wrapped in cellophane. Her intentions were good, that was about 5 years ago and this little item got shoved to a back shelf in the garage. Then on one starry sleepless night I had an idea.


Good morning Sewists! On this very brisk and snowy day I set aside some time to sort through some clutter in the studio. I had to move some equipment around because I was getting so much vibration using my Ovation Serger. I was joining some knit fabric, straight lines and was moving along at a medium speed but the table was keeping quite a beat! 1974 The Hues Corporation-Rock The Boat!

I have had that machine on the back wall counter for some time and had every intention of having a support made midway under the table to reduce the bounce.
Serger on left, directly over the support leg, Destiny on right and under the magic tea towel is the embroidery unit. I still haven't made a cover for it. Shame.*and yes every one of those wheely carts has stuff, lots of stuff all organized and labeled. Everything from thread and elastic to extra feet for the serger and knitting needles. Just so you know.

Well, that has not worked out but I need to work so I moved the serger over to the big table, with Destiny, and placed it directly over the under
leg support. Destiny is still in place but I have placed a Yoga mat under each of these machines.  I have read that this helps, we will see.

Storage drawers, cutting mat and tools have been moved to the back counter.

This time of year many bloggers and professionals rearrange work spaces and redefine storage spaces to improve their process and outcomes.   


Seen on Facebook, a Robert Kaufman fabric collection. Information:HERE! 
Measuring 58 inches by 68 inches, this little cutie is a stash buster. One fat quarter of each fabric will complete it. 16 fabrics are used and kits are available in this fabric on the web site listed in the link above.  It was designed by Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts. Too cute not to share.

Comments