The Big Day

Good morning from Sewtopia. Lots going on here this last couple weeks and the one ahead is a bit crowded as well but I wanted to share some pretty pictures with you. With American Thanksgiving coming up the blogs and periodicals are full of Fall decor. I am an admitted procrastinator when it comes to the re-decorating lately. I've been quilting, playing with sewing machines, sorting and purging...you understand.

I have mixed feelings about "The White World." You know what I mean? Every decorating magazine, every blog, every where I look the white walls, white furniture, white decor items seem to rule the world. Let me tell you, these people NEVER had a Black Labrador Retriever in the house! While I like this little setting for a Thanksgiving Holiday Display, Fall, to me, is COLOR! Lots of beautiful burnished color. Step one for this week is to freshen all the Fall decor. 

Six Ideas for Decorating with Pumpkins
Six Ideas for Decorating with Pumpkins
From Victoria Magazine
The Countdown. My question to myself was....what to do with those pumpkins that have graced the front porch, un-carved, for several weeks. Answer, scoop those babies out, add a plastic liner bowl with florists foam, fill with flowers. My plan is a supermarket bouqet or two. (My pumpkins are huge by the way.)

Mine will be sitting on some kind of platter to protect the table from moisture, I am not sure if the one in his photo is real or faux!

 Not much white here!
See what I mean, no white! 

Posting might be a little spotty for a couple weeks. While the usual business is still in play some health issues have cropped up that require attention. Hopefully, not much down time will be involved. Getting old is not so great. Stuff happens, things wear out, not in my plans but not much to do about that. So if there are periods of time between posts I do apologize but I will be back soon. That's the plan and I'm sticking to it. 

Comments