My View From Friday Night.....

Friday night was Light Up Night in Pittsburgh. I was lighting up a heart monitor! 6 hours flat on my back, two days of mandated rest and a week of "take it easy." Really, Thanksgiving week? How is that going to work?

Planning ahead a bit I did some early baking for Thanksgiving. My Dear Son is our host but I do deserts, have for a long time and the humor in that is.....I am not a desert maker. 👀

So I did a little cheating. I picked up a new little "Leaf-lette" Nordic Ware pan the other day and a little mix of Pumpkin/Pecan quick bread. Just add eggs and melted butter they will think you had a clue.
  

I have not turned on my big oven for almost a year. I know, it has become storage.
 The clue to using these highly textured and shaped pans is to not be afraid to grease them well. I use softened butter. I have tried all the sprays-------nix on that. I have floured them as directed, leaves a residue no matter how hard you bang the excess out of the pan. Butter, lots, have no fear.
A Tea Time test plate. Now to pack in a silicone sealed plastic container with deli paper between each layer and freeze until the big day. 
  • The mix is from Williams-Sonoma.

Comments