Batik Fabrics and Fall Projects


Sewtopia is in a bit of a limbo the last few days. MIL has been hospitalized after a fall and additional health problems so we have been traveling back and forth to hospital while trying to maintain some semblance of normal life. Right. 

The good part of all that "down time" while waiting for one thing or another is that I have time to scan the quilting sites. I know, it's a burden! I saw this one on a Facebook scroll. I struggle with batiks. I have no idea why. They are beautiful, the colors are already blended for me and the contrasts sort of take care of themselves. But, I am still working on it. When I saw this sweet little Dresden mat a light bulb came on....I have fabrics similar to this. I could whip this up in a couple hours and have one mat-thing done for the Thanksgiving baskets!  NO......I used the fabric for something else. My ducks are in rows but not in the right order I guess. I am going to scan the stash to see if I can substitute. 

Despite my kerfluffle, I wanted to share with you because this would be a really nice little hostess gift for the season. Or for yourself!💥    

Having travel ready bags of hand stitching projects has paid off again. On my way out the door I grab my keys, my phone and a little zip bag of stitching. Small enough to tuck into a purse, it keeps my fidgety hands busy.

I must take care with what I tote along to Emergency Departments these days. I always set off the metal scanners! Then I have to empty the purse the bag etc. Sad situation IMO. Can't even carry scissors anymore.

Give me strength!

Comments