Here she is, the first quilt quilted on the new Coronet. This one was pieced a while ago waiting for the Coronet. The intention was to make it a practice piece, and that it is! Because the quilts in this series of three are made from left-over bright fabrics from other projects and quilted using the new machine I am calling them The Three Sisters of Summer 2017. I will be making labels for them, that is a project in progress. I have a neat idea that I plan to try when the Destiny II upgrade is installed but that is a subject for another day! (if you are new to this blog you need to understand that I am a gadget, widget, machine person!💓)
| Since I also had a couple white and off-white Jelly Rolls they also were permitted to participate. This quilt was quilted using all my usual patterns because I wanted to learn how to work the machine in patterns that were familiar to me. Loops and Leaves, swirls and swoops are easy to make and cover the surface quickly. The binding on Sister #2 is the same as Sister #1, the left over dotted jelly roll, joined in strip sets and cross cut in 2 1/2 inch strips and short ends joined. I made lots of this. I didn't quilt that last red border. Didn't like the off white Isacord on that fabric and I was going to look for another thread to use. Didn't have anything on hand so decided to leave it for now. Remember, these three quilts are all left overs from other projects! I pieced the back using a fat quarter grouping that I must have picked up at a shop hop event a couple years ago. Not my style, or colors but I always feel like I need to pick up something at each shop. I know, it is a bit sappy but our independent quilt shop owners sponsor these events to sell stuff, not just to entertain us! Lessons learned on this one:
|
Comments