Gearing Up..................................

Gears, Movement, Machine
The last few days I have been fussing with Blogger and this computer. I think it is mostly OK now after multiple scans and fixes but one never knows! I could have used husbands machine but he doesn't like it when I do and I always feel like I am using someone else's toothbrush😝

That said, my little crochet needle has had a bit of a work out and I discovered a charming new-to-me online Facebook group named Take Peace.

It is just that peaceful. 

With so many distractions of daily life dominating our thoughts, peaceful social interactions can soothe the soul. This Facebook group is themed around Tasha Tudor.   Born in 1915 and died in 2008, Tasha lived a very special life. As an author and illustrator of children's books, her ability to capture a moment in time and embrace the most simple elements of nature make her a beloved figure throughout the world.  Tasha Tudor, Wikipedia.

 Each day carries a theme that Tasha would have celebrated and members post stories and pictures, anecdotes and ideas on how we can all improve the surroundings we inhabit. As Sewists we use our skills to enhance our homes with creative stitching. Everything from quilts to curtains, our creative signatures bring joy and peace to our families and ourselves. 

This week marks the beginning of Fall, a new season to enhance with our work. Heartwarming candle light, a lovely soup or stew simmering on the cook top and a quilt or two waiting to be bound to dress a bed for Winters chill. 

My garden needs tending, my food blog languishes, the porch plants need trimmed and cleaned while other responsibilities distract. But my little visits to Take Peace seem to re-center my spirit. Lovely people, lovely stories and an element of the past that make it all so grounded.    

 
 


Comments