Fall 2017, Some Service Quilts

Fall 2017, how did that happen? Not that there is anything wrong with that......................

Image may contain: tree, sky and outdoorThis is the time of year when our local guild, Three Rivers Quilters, finish and collect quilts from members and friends to be gifted to the chosen charities. Usually, three deserving groups receive these wonderful quilts.

Kay, from The Ladies of the Cloth Gathering Group, (a neighborhood group of quilting friends) has been curating her finished stash and is sharing these lovely quilts with the Guild. What a generous lady.


 Quilt #1 is a sweet and scrappy patchwork. You may recognize the dotted fabric from another quilt. This one has a micro-fleece backing, no batting required. Isn't this the most cuddly cuddle quilt? I am seeing more and more quilts, just like this made from Vintage fabrics (actually Vintage in the sense of the 1970's-1980's calico's) simply tied and they are stunning. This one is tied as well. I am thinking that this would be a great RV quilt. A cuddler for those chilly fireside moments. Love the micro-fleece. I have made several for children. 


Quilt #2.  Just look at this one! Another scrappy collection makes it happy and fresh. Love it.


Quilt #3. Pretty in Pink with a contrasting flange binding...be still my heart. Is this sweet or what? I believe that Terri, from The Ladies, quilted this one. 


Quilt #4. I Spy~!!!!! Have you ever made one of these? We were all standing around playing the game. 
  • Dearest Kay, a lifetime of quilting work will always be cherished by those who receive your quilts even if they don't know you. 
  • Our quilts go out, into the world, to bless someone who needs the embrace. What could be better than that?
  • During this last week of National Sewing Month we are reminded about just how important our needle arts are to ourselves, our families, and strangers. 
  • While dressing this morning I was reminded of the lady who inspired me, my Aunt. She made everything. Clothing, draperies, everything. I distinctly remember a day when she showed me a beautiful suit she was making for the holidays. She was our church organist and was always, I mean always, dressed to the nines. Anyway, that day, and that suit was the day that I decided that I would really learn to sew, not just sew stuff together, sew, create, and learn. Thank you Aunt Jean.   
*one of my dear Grand-dogs, Stewart, went over the Rainbow Bridge today. What a charmer he was. He would have been 16 in November, again, a long lifespan for a large dog. He was a Chocolate Lab, a gentle soul. I've had about enough of this.
 
An older photo of the sweet boy before he was mostly gray in the face. A beautiful dog.
 

Comments