A This and That Post-And-The Queen of the Coronet!


I just received these photo's from friend Terri. She is working on her Coronet. Just look at her hexi-ruler work! She is using a high loft poly batting and it makes the hexi's very deminsional but it is a little tricky to work with because of the loft. Looks pretty darn good to me. Thanks Terri!!!

A close up of the work in progress.
 So, a bit of this and that. Well, I have sewn essentially nothing for the last week, I am supposed to be recuperating. I am getting pretty restless. I want to get back to work. Know what I mean? If I had been more organized this morning I would have remembered my camera for today's Ladies of the Cloth gathering.


No automatic alt text available.
At our Tuesday gathering we were discussing ways to mark our quilts, use stencils, papers etc. I tried this out some time ago and plan to use it again. I drew the lines from a rose stencil on the Press 'n Seal with a Sharpie, stuck it to the fabric and quilted the lines. Tears easily, didn't gum up the needle, at all. This is also highly recommended by Nicci Brazail as a top stabilizer for machine embroidery. 

Ever found yourself wishing there was an easy way to know what size quilt to make for a queen mattress? Or for a twin mattress with a 10" drop? Or a king-size quilt with a drop and a tuck? Wish no more! This handy chart from C&T Publishing gives the you correct measurements for 56 different quilts at a glance.




Comments

ELMO said…
Lovely quilt, the hexies and bees are a perfect match.