Patches, I Need More Practice

Do you remember my angst about the disruption in Sewtopia, the exposed wiring? Here is just one little shot....right as you walk in the door, how rude!

A few weeks ago stitching friend Terri, asked for "something" to be added to her little bag, the one she has been using to carry her delicate knitted scarf. I was all for that because I am experimenting, learning and trying out some of the many advanced functions on the Baby Lock Destiny.

I tried to fit the bag into the embroidery arm to work directly on the purse, couldn't make it work, too small. 

So, I made a patch with her name. No big deal right? Good grief I fussed and read, watched video's and practiced. I had little floral things, a beautiful script monogram and ended up with a name tag. How original is that? I used a foam interfacing that has a fusible on both sides. I fused a piece of neutral fabric to fit in my smallest hoop. I broke the hoop. The stuff was too thick.....eek! 


 I mapped it out in IQ, moved to a larger hoop. Designed it to keep the lettering green and the outline in the golden thread. Look closely sewing monitors, do you see what happened?


 Backwards my dears, I embroidered the darn thing backwards from my original plan. Not that it doesn't work but with the light background fabric a lighter thread color would have blended better and not have off white pokey threads on the edge. Know what I mean? Enter the pigma pen, don't tell Terri.

So, that is what I was doing the other day. Words were said. In frustration I turned around in my wheeled office chair that I used. Turned a little too fast, broke the bolts right off the seat and nearly killed myself wedged between three machines and a dog. But that's a story for another day.

Comments

ELMO said…
If it's any consolation I put my back out putting a glass in the dishwasher.