The Saturday Share, Paris and Pennies

Travel by Quilt Panel. I picked up this sweet Paris themed panel at Fabric.com several weeks ago and just now got around to opening the package. This one is for me, something to brighten the studio since I cannot go there this season. Le Fleur is beautifully printed and I am looking forward to layering and quilting it.
I haven't chosen the quilting pattern yet but I have it narrowed down to a floral or floral and vine. Wait and see.
Cutting some lovely felted, double face Pendelton wool. A chalk mark was required because the plaid is so subtle that I couldn't follow a line. Love those Kai Scissors.
Large pennies, cut on my Accu-Quilt Go Cutter and blanket stitched on Destiny with a rayon embroidery thread. An experiment.
 These pennies even have their own matching Valdani Pearle!
 I broke down and opened this new box of Valdani. Be still my heart.
Better than a box of French Truffles, the colors are magic!
  • A new table runner for the dining room is in the works, that is why I cut the Pendelton.
  • I will stitch the pennies to the Pendelton with the Valdani, by hand. Turns out I really like the hand stitched look.
  • I am heavily influenced by Rose of Three Sheep Studio blog.  She works with wool, needle punch, rug hooking, cross stitch and any other type of hand embroidery you can imagine. She is a genius designer and an immaculate stitcher. Take a look at her blog and you will see what I mean. Genius. I source most of my wool from her as well.


Comments