Staircase Clayton

The Main Staircase at Clayton, Pittsburgh, Pa.

Christmas Decor. As many times as I have visited this mansion, I am always smitten at Christmas time. The decor is never over-the-top but it tastefully enhances the beauty of the house. My absolute favorite room is the breakfast room. It has a square table. It is so hard to find a nice square table! The windows are dressed in  subtle lace panels and the filtered light is magical.  

Random thoughts:
  • I have been watching some episodes of Martha Stewart's Cooking School. A great teacher and inspiration that I sorely need, but, if she says "perfect" one more time I am going to poke my eye out!
  •  With every ornament I hang I keep thinking...this is such a pain to take down and put away!
  • I am trying to teach Mr. Sewtopia to cook. He is so challenged that he cannot even make toast. I am not joking. Yesterday we made Oyster Stew. He actually did do some of the work. I took of picture of him standing at the stove and forwarded it to my Son, he is still in shock. 
  • I have problems with tipping because I feel sorry for the waitresses. Even when they are as clueless as the one we had yesterday. The orders were wrong, she totally forgot some things, the bill was incorrect and she laughed inappropriately...all the time. All the time.  Even the take-out order for MIL was totally wrong, not even close. It takes a lot of organization and a good memory to do that kind of work. This poor girl had neither. Of the four tables she had in our room, every order was wrong. It's Christmas, she got the big Christmas tip. I think she will need it, she won't last much longer there. They are pretty picky about the wait staff. 
I'm tired and cranky, can you tell? I hope to get some stitching done this afternoon. Have a great weekend.  

Comments