A Study in Stitches, our Rose!

From the seed of an idea to the completion of this crazy quilt, almost four years have passed. Not much of the process has been recorded here at the request of the maker, Rose from the Ladies of the Cloth group. Let me just state clearly that my photographs do not show the beauty of the piece. The embroidery is  exquisite.


I have shown the cut-work center motif before. It is an original design, by Rose, depicting her Grandson.
Just look at the tiny, tiny yo-yo's!
  This is so detailed and complex that I took many pictures going around the quilt in sections. Made from quilting cottons and some hand dyed fabric it is wall hanging size. To see it all, please just scroll through as you follow my camera around the quilt. Enjoy.






































I am hoping that Rose enters this beautiful quilt in the TRQ show, it is certainly a winner!



Comments

ELMO said…
This quilt = LOVE, I feel as though I've spent an hour at the Met, very inspiring.
celkalee said…
It is stunning, I failed to mention that it is only 34 or 36 inches square. I need to check with Rose. If she told me I forgot. Even those little yo-yo's are smaller than a dime! Everything is very tiny but still beautifully articulated.