On May 31st of last year a young Australian quilter named Emma published a great tutorial on using a plate to guide your quilting feather work. It was genius. I did try it about a year ago but have not followed up on it. At the time I commented on the post and subscribed to the comments. Well yesterday there were four new comments about the technique that showed up in my email yesterday reminding me of this great tutorial.
An expert quilter and designer, Emma writes the Sampaquita Quilts blog. Her talent for applique collage are well known in the custom quilting world there. When you have a minute pop on over there by following the link below and prepare to be exposed to a new and inventive technique.
plate feathers tutorial
- A cool and rainy day here left me enjoying my all day Thursday in the studio time.
- I have not been able to do that for some time. Today I demanded my "me" time. I told myself that the housework, cooking etc. could wait.
- The Batik Misery Quilt is about half quilted as we speak.
- I am using different thread and having no problems. I was concerned, that machine is a little fiddly.
- I strip cleaned the studio the other day. Pre-cut fabrics are total lint bombs. Lint, lint, lint.