Show Quilts, Top of the Line

This quilt was judged Best in Show.  It is a beautiful quilt, beautifully pieced and quilted. The interesting point to me is that it was done by a professional quilter, she has been published in nationally distributed quilt Magazines. She was a judge at this show last year. There is another quilt that I feel should have earned this title but then again, I am not the judge. How do you feel about a Professional quilter entering shows dominated by amateurs? I am not sure how I feel about it actually because there are pro's and con's. The big pro here, for this Guild, is that this quilter felt that the level of competition was up to her level of expertise. I need to think about this a bit more.  
A close up of her quilting style. It is amazing.
Let me apologize if some of these pic are way less than the quality that these quilts deserve. I had 30 minutes to zoom through the show, snap away and then get out of the way for our visitors. The professional photo's will be available on our website in the future. I will direct you to the sight when they are up. 
If you have read me for any length of time you may have heard my little joke about the person who made this quilt. She is beyond talented, she designs, she makes and presents her gorgeous quilts every year. I started traveling with her to Guild meetings etc. and regularly I stated that I hoped her talent would rub off onto Me! Being neighbors does not seem to have that benefit. I keep trying but wowsers, just look at this! All the background of the piece that looks sort of like the print of fabrics is stitching, not printed fabric darlings, stitching. Every little itty-bitty circle is stitched not printed! Hold me down I tell you, hold me down!
Look at those perfect little circles in the middle of this star. I asked her once how she made these so perfect. She looked at me like I was some kind of looney-bird and answered in her slightly caustic tone that she starts and stops each circle in the same stitch. Exactly. Ohhhhhhhhh, that explains it!

Comments

Jeanneke said…
I think the top (professional's) quilt might deserve the title 'Best in Show', but with you I think it'd better not been judged 'Best in (amateurs') Competition'.

Thanks for showing all these beauties.