I Don't Know Where to Start! Quilt Show Goodies...

OK, I will start somewhere near the beginning, if that is all right with you. A quilt show is a work of art, a labor of love, a test of wills. When the theme for this years show was announced we were all thrilled. Who does not love the current trend of Hexagons? This is our Show quilt, the Raffle quilt. It is a queen sized beauty. Entirely hand pieced with the English Paper Piecing method by the guild members then assembled by more diligent members it is a showcase for the method. The elongated shapes showcase the fabrics beautifully. After that step it was long-arm quilted by a member who does many quilts privately as well as in the show. Her work is flawless. I want this one. I bought lots of tickets. I will not be running the raffle this year because I am heading to my embroidery work shop in the morning so no one can accuse me off rigging the drawing, know what I mean? Like I said, this baby has my name all over it!

So what do you do when you are so excited with the process and you have the entire guild making EPP hexi's like mad women? Dahlings....you have left overs. And what happens to the left overs you ask.........another quilt! Yeah! A different design but just as sweet this one is smaller, about lap quilt size. This lay out reminds me of some plastic connector sticks my children played with in the 1980's. Love it.

so here is a lousy pic of my Ikea cart packed with fabrics and notions, patterns and lots of doo-dads. In real life it was much better looking and quite frankly a big hit. We call these things "Dream Baskets" but I decided not to use baskets this year.  

another (not professional) shot of the second "basket." It is a stylized rolling luggage cart suitable for a sewing machine or traipsing anything under the sun to a sewing retreat. Also very popular, I am hoping that these items will do well for the show. When I left today ticket sales were strong.
 
In addition, three of our vendors donated sewing machines for the raffle. It is going to be a good show for ticket winners this year, no doubt about it!

Comments