The Quilters Acronyms

Fifty Shades of White, now playing in Western Pa.
Happy Friday Sewists! This week has absolutely flown by. It is miserably cold, I am already weary of breading fish and it is only the first week of Lent and I am shocked by some of the animosity I have recently read on some of my favorite Facebook quilt groups. Mean girls have nothing on these ladies. When your passion becomes your business things change, this I know from experience. But the mean words are just not necessary. This is the second quilting group (Facebook) that I have quit in as many weeks. I am very discouraged by this trend. I think the anonymity of the computer seems to bring out the worst in those who feel free to bash at will. I will not waste another minute of my life trying to understand the dysfunction that causes that.

On a lighter note, I found the above little list of Acronyms the other day and wanted to share with you. Some of them really tickled my funny bone.

  • A field trip to my local IKEA revealed some nice changes. The store has been remodeled and rearranged. Lots of new textiles to admire. A fresh and modern take on everything from polka dots to texture.
  • The kitchen torture at IKEA continues to be a secret pleasure. Who has a kitchen that big? I think I actually have enough kitchen ephemera and tools that I could easily fill every cupboard and every drawer!
  • Looking at the list of acronyms I had to chuckle at 'The WOMBAT.'  I know about that one from two projects. When I think about them I still feel bad. 
  • For two days and nights we have listened to shrill beeps from a malfunction in our security system. Two days of no sleep. YIKES! Finally fixed.  
  • In the Sewtopia news of good, bad and ugly a day of very good news, Mr. Sewtopia is healing well. Those gigantic titanium screws in his back are stable.  
  • Have a lovely week-end that strengthens the soul and the spirit. That can only be a good thing. And to my Snowbird friends, be VERY thankful. 
 
  

Comments

Jeanneke said…
So glad Mr. Sewtopia is healing well!
So good you quit the FB group! No F(ear) Q(uitting)!
Cheers,

Jeanneke.
Val said…
You are absolutely right, life is too short to belong to groups with people that are mean to each other. I don't understand it at all. If you wouldn't say something in person, you shouldn't be writing it. Words to live by? Maybe. I do love your blog.
celkalee said…
I am glad you agree Val. I never cease to be amazed at the trend online. Most of all on the needle work blogs. I refuse to participate.

Thank you for your kind words. I really do appreciate them.
ELMO said…
Hola Chica!
To echo the other commentors, so glad Mr Sewtopia is healing well. I hope you thaw out soon, I'm heading to the land of the sinkholes tomorrow.
Big hug!
celkalee said…
Hola Elmo! Thanks for giving me a picture to ease my restless sleep! Do not sink, do you hear me? Do not sink, sewing must happen there!