| She forgot to take down these sad looking wreaths, no wonder we have no plan for 2015! |
I had to laugh today while reading a Facebook post about making your 'yearly' plan. Comments range from the 'year' turning into a five year plan to the hyper-organized lady who maintains her inventory, plans and stages of progress on spread sheets that imports to her iphone. Yowsers. I am really off the mark here.
| give me a new Die for the Go Cutter and I am in there cutting away. |
I have used a calendar in the past and set what seemed like reasonable goals. I looked at it yesterday, it is still on November 2014. That didn't work. Then I revisited my white board. Remember that I moved it about a year ago. Originally I had it at the entrance to the studio so that every time I came up or down the steps or entered the room it was there, to remind me. Well, that seemed very stressful because every time I looked at it I was reminded that I was a total failure while using that system. And last, but surely not least, I tried the 'notebook' system. While I continue to record project process and designs etc. in a notebook near the machine the planning phase became lost within its cluttered pages.
I am a list maker so the list system seems the most logical approach for planning for me. Many of the commenters lamented their UFO list. Oh, I hear you Sisters. So what is the Sewist to do?
- Back to the Whiteboard for the list of the current and new projects? Should I just cull UFO's ? You know what seems like a great idea sometimes just isn't. Study will be required and the UFO's will need a separate clipboard until I decide what to do with them.
- Should I break down big projects into an outline type of list and check things off as I go, then I feel a sense of accomplishment?
- Does this really matter? I think it does, without a plan I am a slug, trust me. There is always something that needs cleaned or cooked and then the sewing gets set aside.
- Tomorrow is Thursday, my full day in the Studio, hopefully. I will let you know how this all works out.
- Now just a brief off-topic comment about the copy right thing. It has caused me to change just about every thing here. Additional commentary by Bonnie Hunter is available on her blog, Quiltville Quips and Snips on a quilt cam post yesterday. 2/3/15. About ten minutes in she addresses some relevant information. I will not provide a link, just Google it. I still have some questions but I am moving on.
- Just so you know, I have not attempted to copy right anything here. I don't have anything original that I would need to copy right, I don't think. If I ever do, I will figure it out then. OK, enough of that until the next time I get riled up!
Comments