People Here Expect You to Get Back Up or You Need to Try to Improve the Hearts!


So if you you are local or have been anywhere near here you may have heard that Garth Brooks was in town. And he and NFL quarterback of the Steelers, Ben Rothlisberger, are buds. In all the mutual admiration society gibberish one little statement did stand out, by Garth. He was quoting Ben when he remarked that they have a similar philosophy about Pittsburghers, People Here Expect You to Get Back UP! (Ben should know)

 That is about how I feel about my hearts. Not the hearts themselves, the finishing of the hearts. I don't know if it was the fabric, the too close trim, or the backing or what but I am not pleased. Not pleased at all. I will keep them, of course, to remind me that I am expected to get back up, to do them again, to work on improving the finishing.

See what I mean, corners where there should be round. I poked and prodded the seam lines over and over to smooth them out. Obviously, that did not work.
Chosen for the over dyed wool scrap that needed a purpose, this heart is wrong in so many ways.  I can't even talk about this one. But in the sense of full disclosure I had to show it. Flaws and all.

I really got carried away with the trimming on this one. Hard to see in the photo but the 'p' and 'q' and part of the 's' have been trimmed away and/or have become part of the seam itself. Love those Kai scissors ladies, love 'em.
  • I like making little projects, I have said that before. 
  • This poor little bugger, the pea-hen will get a re-do somewhere along the line. 
  • I am ready to start Pear II before doing that. You know I am having fun with the Pears.
  • Tomorrow, some nice quilts to show you.

Comments

sandi s said…
I think they look fine. Get some of the chenille trim or mini Pom Pom trim and hand stitch it around your edges. Covers up a multitude of sins. Makes everything look smoother. I love the stuff. Hugs,
celkalee said…
Thanks Sandi, hope you are feeling better. Since these are the first that I have done I suppose I am being a bit nit-picky. I like your idea. Do you apply the trims into the seam as you stitch, after the seams are sewn, or some other method? I have seen a few needle punch pieces trimmed with tiny beads on the edges after they are stitched and they are beautiful.