 |
I may be the only quilter who like to shop fabrics with the Husband. He always wants me to buy more? How great is that?
So, another week, another week closer to Spring! Oh yes. Of course you would never know it looking out my windows so I have a new moto "don't look!"
I finished the needlework on two hearts. They will be finished for Valentine's Day. My contribution for the Greeting Card Holiday. In a Primly way. |
 |
| This one is my design, I call it Pea Hen and a Heart. I had fun making this up as I went along using some favorite motif's. |
 |
| It still needs finishing. I did not chart this. I might in the future but now I have a few other projects. So in the interest of copy right issues if you want to copy it, go for it. |
 |
| Heart number two is from Samplers and Sants's Free Designs. Love the quilt motif in upper right corner. I will get a much better photo, maybe even in sunlight when I finish it! |
 |
| Next on the list was the cutting Of all those re-washed stash fabrics. The plan was for 5 inch squares. So off I went to the Go Cutter Die collection but guess what? I have 2 1/2 inch, 4 1/2 inch and 6 1/2 inch....no 5 1/2 inch. A little thought and I went with the 6 1/2 inch for this pile. About 200 happy little calico squares resulted. |
Since there was more fabric, more calico's and some scraps I made an executive decision and cut some rectangles. 6 1/2 inches long and 3 1/2 inches wide. I have a plan. I only have about 100 so far. More to follow.
- The Go cutter is a time saver, life saver, arthritic hand saver. I cut over 350 pieces in about an hour and 45 minutes. The old way would have been 4 hours and slipped rulers, mis-cuts etc. You get the idea.
- I need to get a 5 1/2 die.
- I will finish the hearts a little differently, I want a little puff on these.
- I discovered a new to me quarterly, Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly. Holy Samplers Batman, what a treasure. I spent the afternoon reading the current issue Spring 2015 on a download. My printed copy will take 4-6 weeks but it is full of amazing information and design. I hate to say it out loud but I feel a new passion coming on.
- I have been looking for some new projects that would be portable, because Sewtopia will be going on the road this year. Yes, a new motor home will be in the Sewtopia experience and I want to keep the 'stuff' in check. It is time for us to move on and try to start living again. Well, we are sure going to try.
SUITS is back, Greenback Boogie! ((((insert smile)))))
Comments