- I have enjoyed a little quilting break.
- Several conversations recently on some of the Facebook quilting sites. Quilters admitting there running out or have totally run out of quilting mojo.
- The reasons sited by a handful 1.) cost. The cost of quality cotton fabrics is prohibitive. 2.) Quilt gift recipient rudeness. Yes, quilters are admitting that this trend is affecting their work. One lady described a pattern around her giftees recently. They receive or actually ask for a certain quilt, she makes it, absorbs the cost and spends many hours working on it. They never even say thank you, how sad. So she is done. 3.) Many creative people have several skill sets. Quilting is just one of those. They are knitting more, crocheting, even painting.
- For me I need to set it all aside now and then. It happens twice a year, not really planned but it just seems to work out that way. January is always down time in the studio. Usually around July or August I also take a break.
- Returning to cross-stitch has been great fun and these projects will continue throughout the year. I have a second heart in progress and of course Pear 2 is in the wings.
- This diversional process tends to stimulate my quilting habits. I still have to finish that batik thing. Sorry, just can't wrap my head around it but the recipient really likes it. I will slog though it this week and hopefully get most of it done. Have you ever been in this situation? I feel bad that I don't like the darn thing, isn't that pathetic? Oh well................

Comments