Thoughts, On The Way Home..........

As we travel the beauty of nature speaks. Such a simple thing, snow. It provides a blanket that insulates us from the world and the stresses of the day. The black, white and shades of gray provide stark contrast to the eye. May your travels be enlightening and safe.
OK, enough of the pensive thoughts. Need a laugh? You need to see this!

 On a Quilty note, just look at these little, well not so little, hard, lidded, sealed boxes. I have decided to reduce the visual clutter in the studio by putting the QUIPS (Quilts in Progress Sister) in larger containers. I tend to work on several projects at a time. I want to limit that to one or two but in the meantime I needed a solution. Typically I would have to do some pressing of parts, blocks and partial locks before starting work. While the other bins and boxes were functional they had no lids and they were smaller. These were a bargain at Costco for $19.99. All in all the Annual January Purge has been successful. While the studio does not look particularly different to the casual eye, the organization of the items and drawers is much improved. And I found lots of things that had been hiding for far too long. Lots of fabric has been delegated to other purposes and I feel good about that.
  • The Purge of Books is another story. Have not even touched that. My books are my friends and I am not ready yet.
  • The fabric purge involved rewashing and pressing all said fabric. It is all good stuff but no longer my style and much of it inherited from another era. 
  • January is almost over, hard to believe. Time moves quickly, I don't anymore.

Comments

Jeanneke said…
Job well done; we do not need to move quickly anymore, my friend :>)
But steadily...yes, we can and we do!
Cheers,

Jeanneke.