This Illness is a Doozie and Embroidery Thread, a PPPP 2015 Post

A fact of life, now, I do not rebound from illness as I used to! I did feel a little better and did a little more activity today but it didn't take much to slow me down. Enough of this, please.

Fortunately, I have several little hand projects to keep me busy. I went to the studio, sat at the machine, even turned it on, then made tea and found a comfy chair. Just not up to finishing the Notions Case today. Since I have no idea what I am doing it is best that I have my wits about me and I really don't. I gathered up a knitting project that was set aside months ago.

   The yarn is a lovely multi-colored cotton/arcylic and something else blend (It is in Italian, can't translate it off hand) that is very nice to work and lightweight. I managed to do three rows of this little neck scarf when my enthusiasm faded. I know, it is a shame. Someday I will finish it. Really I will because the yarn was expensive.
The good news of the day is I got a nice little package in the mail. On-line ordering at 123Stitch.com was quick and easy and their prices were 5 cents less per skein of DMC.
One of the kind designers on the Primitive Stitcher's Society Facebook page listed ALL the numbers of ALL the threads they use for that style of design. Since that it where my interest lies I decided to order them all so there will be no more delays in my stitching projects.  The three page packing list reads like a novel.
Day 1, place order, Day 2 order shipped, Day 3 order here, stitching started.
  "Y" "Z" and"X" in progress. Boy, am I rusty with this type of needlework! My eyes didn't know where my hands wanted to go and my hands couldn't decide where they were at! Practice, Practice, Practice. 
  • 123Stitch.com is a trusty vendor for this first experience. That is a good thing.
  • The whole hand-eye coordination thing needs work, lots of work.
  • I am not in the mood to knit. I forgot to photograph a scarf I am crocheting to match a hat I made for a Christmas gift. A few things did not get done in time. Better next year.
  • It is sub-zero here, hope you are nice and warm. 
  • Have a lovely week end.

Comments

ELMO said…
Pear No. 1 is looking good!! I'm sorry you're not feeling better.