Just tea today, no sweets. Just tea.
A little decor note: The Christmas dishes are nestled in their safe little cupboard. I needed a quick re-do of the tea station for afternoon visitors. Basic.
Same place, same IKEA cart, the plaid dishtowels are Holiday towels that were washed, pressed and prepped for Christmas applique. Never got to it so they are now red plaid for Valentine's Day! The little red infuser pot is a perfect size for making a special tea. I try to provide one alternative to my standard fare in a floral or spiced infusion. The little salt glazed crocks hold good old Lipton bags and my Sweet and Lo sweetener. I need to grab a sugar bowl, creamer and slice some lemons they will be here soon.
ps: the candle on the right is battery operated, the same ones that were on the table at Christmas. I am so afraid of a candle generated fire. It seems we hear about one a day on the local news.
- As I learned in childhood, everything is better with a nice cup of tea.
- I will try to be more efficient with the Tuesday Tea Post. I have lots more to share.
- A simple repast can be made in little time. I keep a small loaf of extra thin sliced Pepperidge Farm multi-grain bread in my freezer all the time. I usually also have a Rye loaf. I almost always have a few hard boiled eggs on hand for quick egg salad, same thing for tuna. When I roast a chicken I package chopped left overs in small freezer containers for a quick chicken salad filling. The same prep works for ham. Another quick tip, pound cake. Nothing freezes as well as good old pound cake. Home made or purchased it thaws in a blink, served plain or with fruit and maybe even some decadent whipped cream you have a sweet and savory offering for a little tea party.
- Drop in visitors are always welcome in Sewtopia, you just have to excuse the thread bits here and there. (((smile)))
Comments
Rose