Once again Stitchers I want to thank Marly of the wonderful Samplers and Santa's blog for generously sharing her talent and design for this project. She and I have similar passions and artistic bent. As a result her blog inspires me, actually inspired me to try cross-stitch again. That said, here we go.- I am using 28 ct. linen. I decided to use my overlock stitch to finish the fabric edges. In the past I found that the sticky residue left from the tape was not acceptable. It discolored my fabric, can't have that even in the margins puppies.
- I cut my fabric a little generous. While I will have more to trim after the stitching and before the finishing steps I want to try this. I have, in the past, been too skimpy with my fabric, not good.
***Thought you might enjoy a post by Meg Carter of McCall patterns about how Vogue uses the Designers work to create patterns for the home sewer. Interesting facts told here.
***Starting January 1, 2015 the tax laws are changing in the EU. All our friends who sell patterns etc. internationally have been tasked with collecting VAC taxes for buyers from countries that collect. What? Yes, big problem for the small business owner. Read more about it and the consequences of this new law here!
Dear fellow stitchers, please forgive my lack of photo's. Here we are the first day of the New Year, a New Project and all that yadda yadda. I spent the bulk of it in Urgent Care with Mr. It seems he may have re-broken his foot. This will be the third time. Such a difficult situation when he is just now starting to recuperate from the extensive back surgery. As in all our challenges we will face this one head on and adapt. What else can you do?
Comments