| Have I mentioned that is is cold and dreary here? I have been doing the January clean and purge (well not really that much purge, more rearrange) and since this is Tuesday I thought I would share some of the pottery collection. This large crock is a soup tureen, from the Scenery Hill Pa. pottery, Westerwald. It weighs a ton. I am so fond of crockery. I would fill the house if I could. In 2006 I commissioned this piece from one of my favorite potters. Lots of clay in this one I must say. I move it around now and then, sometimes it sits on the floor in a safe corner. Sometimes it sits on the bottom shelf of the china closet, like a weight! It has never held soup, it did hide a few small Christmas Gifts in Plain Sight one year. I felt so darn clever! Beautifully done the blue paint Colonial Feather decorations are clear and bright against the blue/gray background. |
Comments